Building Up to Deep Squats<br>Sarah Bertucelli<br>Tutorial 2567

Building Up to Deep Squats
Sarah Bertucelli
Tutorial 2567

Watch this Tutorial
3 people like this.
Thanks, Sarah, for inspiring me yet again! I used to have plenty of ease all those years in Japan but lost it big time, physically and mentally, with the addition of all my metal plates. Know that I can't bend titanium ;) but I already felt better in just this one short session and know there's room for measurable improvement. I plan on working on this every day to regain as much ease as possible. Thank you for this new goal. xoxoxo
2 people like this.
Wonderful instruction. Thank you!
2 people like this.
Agree totally with release in foot tension and ankle joint to improve squat. Love this! Thank you
1 person likes this.
Fabulous tutorial targeting the exact areas where I am progressively getting tighter and tighter. Thank you so much Sarah
2 people like this.
any advice for those that feel it when in the deep squat at the hip crease? thanks! nice job
Jill, it is always lovely to hear from you and I am very pleased to have inspired you to bend with ease! It is exciting to explore the body, enjoy where we are and strive to keep moving forward. Xoxo
As for hip crease tension....try thinking about the hip ball(I often call it the bowling ball) sinking to the back of the pelvis...which will hopefully allow the hip to "fold" with ease. Additionally, the back of the hip may need some conditioning. Try engaging back of hip while the hip is in deep flexion(with ease in hip crease) I hope this helps!
3 people like this.
Exactly what I need for my next class .....
since a TV program recently pointed out the importance of squats it raised an interest in some clients in wanting to achieve them. The unfortunate thing is that they tried to achieve the cross legged squat into sitting on the floor using no hand first up without considering their individual injuries or limitations (e.g. fractured knee cap - in which case I would still have to use appropriate cushioning for the knees)
Thank you, Sarah
Jo
Jo
2 people like this.
Lots of really useful advice. Loved it!
2 people like this.
Nice tutorial with helpful advice!
1-10 of 26

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin