Get Your Glide On!<br>Mariska Breland<br>Class 4224

Get Your Glide On!
Mariska Breland
Class 4224

Watch this Class
2 people like this.
I'm enjoying these classes so much Mariska. So much in fact that I purchased sliders ahead of this class. That was on top of the second yoga block I bought so I could go back to that 2 block class I missed a few weeks ago.  And I have no regrets about either pieces of shopping. While you could certainly do this class without sliders, they were fun to use and I particularly loved using them for the swan and side stretches.  Loud "ahs" of contentment could be heard as I stretched
2 people like this.
You’re classes are brilliant ... I teach very Pilatesish and you have given me so many ideas and inspiration to keep teaching the way I do thank you 🙏
1 person likes this.
Hi Mariska. Great class. Can you incorporate more moves that are easier on the wrists? I am finding that my profession and my Pilates increase has really been bothering my wrists! Thank you.
Nicole This series has already been recorded, so I can't incorporate anything new now, but in my experience, wrist pain is caused by tightness or (more so) weakness in the wrists. Doing wrist strengthening exercises like grip training (hanging or holding onto something heavy - or more obvious stuff like grip tools) can be really helpful. There are a variety of wrist stretches that can also be helpful. I am not a huge fan of modifying everything for wrist discomfort - I'd rather try to get the wrists stronger (and I say that as someone who used to always feel everything in my wrists and that stopped when I started strength training). But, there are wedges that you can use to lift the heel of the hand above the fingers that help, or doing planks with your wrists neutral (on your fists or holding dumbbells) can also work. Hope that helps.

1 person likes this.
That was really fun and different! I love your classes!
Louise H
1 person likes this.
I love using the sliders ... thank you for doing a workout incorporating this fun prop! Loved every minute!
I love your creative variations in this class- thank you!
very creative but i need more space. Will definitely take this class again. Thank you!
Mariana G
Hi Mariska, I LOVE all your classes and I think you are amazing. They are always fun and hard. A little observation, you said the disk is not going smoothly as you wanted, I noticed its the other way around. I think if you are on a hard floor you use the fabric side facing down and if you are on a carpet floor you use the plastic side facing down to the carpet. Apologize if you did this on purpose. Thabk you for this class was really great! xxx
Mariana G thank you! And thanks for your comment in the gliders. You’re right, but for some reason my floors are weird. 🤪 They’re laminate and a little slippery naturally, and for some reason, the fabric creates drag over glide. Also they are cheap and I’m sure better gliders would do a better job. It’s a classic case of getting what you pay for! 
1-10 of 13

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin