Group Reformer Fun<br>Niedra Gabriel<br>Class 1344

Group Reformer Fun
Niedra Gabriel
Class 1344

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
I like this energetic class thank you!
1 person likes this.
Thank you Niedra for your knowledge and this excellent class. One question, you occasionally cue your clients, particularly when they are supine, "Check and see that your spine is long." From your perspective, is this simply maintaining a neutral spine position? If a client wasn't sure if their spine was "long," what might you ask them to do differently? Thank you so much!
Niedra Gabriel
Thank you ladies. Glad you enjoyed the class. Tiffany, this is a great question - lengthening the spine is unique to each person, for some it is elongating the hip flexors, checking the lats and ribs are aligned for more length, it is a concept that can be applied in relation to most joints that connect it to it, so it is not really neutral spine, actually that too is in my opinion an abstract concept as the amount of curve is influenced but the joints. so simply attempt to get as long as you can - including the neck and make space every where... hope this helps? i
Why don't instructors say what springs to use??? Sometimes I feel like this website is only geared toward other instructors. :(
Niedra Gabriel
Hi Elizabeth, I understand your frustration and will make every effort to remember to mention spring tensions when we film. Revisiting this class, I was working with 5 spring balanced body equipment and as I am do not teach or practice very often on these reformers I often allow the students to set up their own tension to their liking. If you are ever lost on what tension to work with always trust your body to tell you, if you feel like you are fighting the machine, it is too heavy, if you are flying off the machine, too light. Believe it or not, this is often how tension is set by the teacher.
1 person likes this.
This class had nice balance in muscles exercised. There was amazing explanation with what we were supposed to be feeling, precise instructions on how to move properly in the move and detail with modifications if there was injury. I felt I learned a lot about how a body works during a workout like this. But..... There was little cueing with regard to spring tension or time to feel what spring tension would've been best for you. The transitions between moves that moved the reformer were edited out. So there's absolutely no time to test a tension out unless you're in instructor and know what works for you in that move.
Niedra Gabriel
Thank you Lauren, I do understand your frustration.
This class was filmed for as an addendum for the group that came for a workout, and less for you internet students, so I guess there is always a pro and a con happening.
I will keep your comments in mind for future reference - thank you .
dThis video kept stopping and reloading continually. such a nuisance when you are trying to take a class. have used all the apps for my IPad but often run into this problem. class
looks great though
Trish ~ I'm sorry you are having trouble with this video. I have sent you an email with options that may help you.
"What you need"...a box is not listed but most of the class is practiced on the box.
1-10 of 28

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin