Explore Fascial Connections<br>Wendy L.<br>Class 2195

Explore Fascial Connections
Wendy L.
Class 2195

Watch this Class
Wendy, I am so glad you have mr.bones as the visual for what you are tryng to convey. I am visual so if I can keep that in my minds eye while working its easier to find this elusive sense that is innately inside our bodies. Now over time can people find that same sense as they pick up the pace of their workouts? Hopefully once you cultivate it, it should be there all the time.
3 people like this.
Absolutely, Lynn. You are getting in touch with the deep intelligence of your body...we don't realize how much tension we have created that masks our natural movement. Once you develop this ability, it guides you in movement! Also, I wanted to mention that I just noticed that the Short Box is too far forward for Abbey to release her sacrum on the box as she rolls back....I was so excited about working with her in developing her biointelligence awareness through her fascial tensegrity, that I missed that one!
Wendy,
This was awesome! I really appreciate your respect for movement with true intention and total connection. It wakes up the natural intuition which does truly get masked. Thank you! www.eastsidepilatesfll.com
1 person likes this.
Thank you, Bobbie. You are so right that getting in touch with our "primal" relationship with gravity, breath and space.... by grounding and centering which create a natural uplift wakes up a more natural, embodied way of being with ourselves in Pilates and any other disciplline!
Dear Wendy, thank you from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! I am so glad I found you and your teachings! I aspire to teach and pass on at least 10% of your teachings to my clients and even then, I would be extremely grateful to have let my clients (and myself) learn and experience something new within themselves at every Pilates session! THANK YOU WENDY!
Thank you, April, I am honored that you got so much value from the body of work I am teaching. Since you are in Malaysia, I want to introduce you to my dear friend, Pilates and Rolfing colleague, Amy Tan, who also lives in Malaysia, and has asked me to mentor in the Pilates teacher training course she is creating. You can contact Amy at: amy.m.tan@gmail.com. It would be wonderful to meet you and support your vision as a Pilates teacher. You can also go to our website: www.pilatescenterofaustin.com and look under continuing education for more videos which will enrich your understanding of listening to the body's innate biointelligence, x
As a home practitioner, not a teacher, I found the concepts difficult to understand. I think maybe this type of work needs to be experienced with a teachers touch. It was too short of a workout with too much talking for me.
Hi Jana, thank you for being in touch. You are right, we are not used to being our own "inner teacher", and noticing how to help our bodies. That is what I am speaking about with this focus...and it is what I am suggesting is the power of Pilates. Often, we just wait for someone to tell us what to do, rather than learn how to sense what works for ourselves. It would be powerful for you to take one or two concepts that I am speaking about and experiment on your own, or with a teacher, and get back in touch with me to discuss your experience. I look forward to hearing from you, xwendy

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin