Long Stretch<br>Sarah Bertucelli<br>Exercise 2187

Long Stretch
Sarah Bertucelli
Exercise 2187

Watch this Exercise
Jess Perkins
1 person likes this.
Why are my wrists killing me after 3-4 reps? I'm using a yellow and a blue spring.
Jess ~ Thank you for your forum post. You may be bending your wrist too much which can cause pain after a few reps. When I do this exercise, I usually bring my hands forward a bit on the foot bar so that my wrists don't bend quite as much. I go as far forward as I can where I still feel I have control and won't slip off. I hope this makes sense and that it helps!
Hi Jess, Thank you for taking the time to write. Sorry for the delayed response...I was out of town with limited internet. Gia's advice is perfect! Also if you are on Balanced Body equipment, a yellow and blue is pretty light. I like a hearty green spring. Perhaps toy with using a bit more spring.
Taghrid K
2 people like this.
Excellent explanation especially with the head position. I sometimes vary the breathing with inhaling to go back as I feel I need my exhale to come forward and keep my straight back.
1 person likes this.
I came here wondering if I could do Long Stretch with my feet against the shoulder rests instead of the headrest and my question was answered immediately! Thanks so much!
Hi Kat D.  Sorry for the delayed reply.  I am so glad you came to this video and your question was answered.  Putting the feet against the shoulder rest is the BASIpilates way to do long stretch.  It offers a bit more stability for the feet and allows us to flow from one exercise to the next with out adjusting.  Up stretch 1, 2, 3 Elephant and Long stretch.  Take care;) 

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin