Exploring Mat Rotation<br>Benjamin Degenhardt<br>Class 3912

Exploring Mat Rotation
Benjamin Degenhardt
Class 3912

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
Gosh Benjamin,  You are an old friend to me.  I wish I could hang out with you. Love love love...superb class as always!
1 person likes this.
Fantastic!   Shared many pieces today.   Loved it, especially the SAW variations, the elevated corkscrew w bent legs, torso extension w salute hand and the grande finale - standing twist.  Thank you thank you
Back feels great but I would have preferred less reliance on the dowels as I don’t have these at home....felt I was at a disadvantage not having them to assist...
Benjamin Degenhardt
Thanks so much, everyone! Kerry — you can do the entire class without the dowels. When available, they can help you get more activation and range of motion, but the class doesn't rely on them. Let us know specifically where you felt at a disadvantage and I'll give you a workaround!
Thanks Benjamin Degenhardt 
So for rollover corkscrew tick tick etc....a lot of the inversion movements I’m conscious I pull my shoulders up and it looked like the dowels probably help to avoid that so I was going to try again using hand weights to add the resistance....
Benjamin Degenhardt
Kerry - gotcha. Yes, the action of the arms pulling overhead is a great way to get the upper body and back to assist in the movement. I believe hand weights can help, I’ve been pulling my Mat up against coffee table legs or a heavy enough chair I can pull on without moving (extraordinary times and like you I don’t have the proper equipment at hand... just avoid crashing into it with your legs). Another thing you can try is to grab the sides of your Mat (arms down or overhead) and actively “pulling it apart”. Hope this helps - let me know!
1 person likes this.
Thanks I’ll give that a try! 
1 person likes this.
I always love Benjamin's classes!  This one offers a nice twist (pardon the pun) to the classical work.  Thank you!
iOS
iOS
1 person likes this.
Excellent class!!! Love all the rotation excercises.
GabCas (Gabriela Casteels)
Thank you Benjamin 🌸🙏🏻🍀
21-30 of 37

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin