Find Your Teacher Training<br>Amy H and Carrie M<br>Discussion 4422

Find Your Teacher Training
Amy H and Carrie M
Discussion 4422

Watch this Discussion
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much Amy and Carrie for this very informative and interesting discussion! I live in Germany and was wondering if there is Equinox Studio in Germany!? Or something similar!? Amy, where did you do your Pilates Teacher Program!? I am a big fan of all your classes.🙏 My background is dance, I am a choreographer,artistic director of a company and teaching ballet classes since 16 years. Pilates, I started when I was still dancing. Since COVID 19 we had less to do in the theatre and I became a member of Pilates anytime! I love all the different classes and teachers etc.... So, I am at a point in my life where I am pondering about, if I should do a Pilates teacher course!? What do you recommend for people with dance background... besides the fact that I have to find the method for my type, like Carrie said! Anyway, would be lovely to get some opinion from you. Many greetings from northern Germany! Jutta
Jutta I am so glad that you enjoyed the discussion!  We certainly had fun talking about teacher training.  Equinox does not have a location in Germany, so it would be a little bit hard to do our program.  But I know that there are some great teacher training program there.  I can ask around and get back to you!  
Carrie, thank you for your response and asking around! 🙏 wonderful 
Hi Jutta thank you for your comments and questions.  I received my initial teacher training via The PhysicalMind Institute, but that was nearly 25 years ago!  I've done extensive work with Pat Guyton in Boulder, Colorado and Cara Reeser who has just moved back to Brooklyn, NY.  I'm glad my teaching resonates with you.  People with dance backgrounds, in my opinion, love ALL Pilates styles!!  It's such a compliment, as you know, and very similar.  I tend to lean more in the direction of functional movement and science.  And yes, Carrie Macy  is correct, you have to find a method and teacher that are right for you!!!  Stay in contact if you have any further questions. 
Thank you Amy for your response! I might come back to you with more questions...😉I ’ll keep on searching and also going to enjoy your online classes and learn from that! All your classes are so well rounded and structured, your comments and explanations are fantastic! You are truly an inspiration. Thank you! 

Jutta, it is worth using the teacher training filter when choosing a class here on PA...you get a real flavour for the different programs.
Thank you so much Jutta and I'm happy to continue this conversation.  Reach out with any questions you may have.  And yes Genevieve Malcolm , the filter here on PA for finding various teacher training programs is also a very good resource.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin