Reformer for Low Back Pain<br>Brent Anderson<br>Class 646

Reformer for Low Back Pain
Brent Anderson
Class 646

Watch this Class
Lisa W
Brent this was simple and amazing! I have congenital sacralization of L5 to S1 and I have virtually no lumbar flexion. After this session with you on Pilates Anytime, I still had limited lumbar flexion, however, I did not feel the abrupt STOP I normally feel with forward flexion in standing.
Patty Hafen
1 person likes this.
So enlightening and interesting. Can't wait to try this with my clients, but me first!
Excellent! Reiterates how stability is required for optimal mobility and function. Having the proper alignment in the spine enables the muscles to do what their proper function is and not over work trying to hold spine in place.
Thanks for the class
Should I teach this exercises clients with low back problems?
Can i tell them do rolling the spine?
Every client is unique. When dealing with low back pain it is important to know what movement reproduces their pain. then using the Pilates can you reproduce the movement successfully without pain. For example start with something simple like a bridge before doing any rolling and see if it is tolerated without pain. Good luck! B
I really liked this. I have been working with several clients with herniated discs in the lumbar region. I am going to try a few of these movements a bit modified but loved the cues and explanations. Thank you.
Maggie L
A question for Brent: In your “Science of a Healthy Spine" downloadable PDF document, there's a line that states, "Always assume restriction is strategic first"

As this relates to segmental mobility, do you mean that if I feel a restriction or see one in a client, I am to assume that it’s there for a valid reason - even if we can work to replace it or release it, I should assume the restriction is a strategy that my body is employing in an effort to keep it safe, out of pain, away from something scary or unfamiliar, to compensate for a lack of strength or timing or proprioception, etc.

Is this a correct interpretation? Thanks!
Wow... great class! superb! Thank you so much.
Thank you Brent so much useful info to add to exercises learnt in my Polestar training. Looking forward to trying out on clients with back pain.
Julianna M
I loved this class. As someone with long standing back and hip issues, I felt great afterwards! Thank you, Brent!!
Question! I would love to use the bridging variation with a client of mine; however, she has deterioration through her SI joint. ANY bridge or bridge like motion sends her into a spasm that sees her bed-bound for days. Any suggestions on how to approach this?
101-110 of 155

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin