In the studio with Julian

I am teaching the format that I follow in my studio in Del Mar to teachers and studio owners in Australia. As some of you know I run my studio slightly different to conventional studio's. I run a program of beginner, intermediate, advanced and custom exercises for a 12 week time frame and then the program completely changes. The program encompasses all apparatus and each program offers more of a challenge than the previous. I have found that this stops muscles familiarity and mental burnout. I would love to know you're thoughts on the subject
Hi Julian. This is Amy Havens, fellow Pilates Anytime teacher and owner of CenterPoint Pilates here in Santa Barbara. I really like your format and see immense value in its structure. We do quite a bit of group apparatus training her as well and I too like to expose students to everything...not just the Reformer. I mix it up a lot within each group so that students get the variety they need both physcially and mentally and it really keeps them curious! I think it's easy to overtrain certain muscles groups--even in Pilates-- recruiting from the same angles and planes all of the time. I see changes and improvement in students so quickly by giving them the exposure and opportunity to move on and with the various apparatus. I like the idea of a 12 week program then a total change....what a great idea.
Thank you for your fabulous, informative workshop in Sydney, Australia. It was wonderful to learn from your expertise and generosity of information. I will be trialling your 12 week format in my studio next term. I look forward to feeding back to you on how it goes! I know already that the clients will experience a wonderful sense of personal achievement with their progress. Also, I predict that my instructors and I will feel and increased sense of teamwork as we work together on the same program for the benefit of our valued clients. Many Thanks!

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin