knee sprain

F B
hello, I've just had a knee sprain on monday (3 days ago) and I would like to know if there are some modifications that I can do in my pilates practice (not sure when can I start) and if I can use my reformer as well.
I'm using a splint right now but what about core or arm work?
any advice?
Thnks
Fabiana
Yikes Fabiana! Sorry to hear about your knee. It's tough to say what you can or can't do with your knee given there are so many unknowns when we're communicating in space. I'll leave the do's and don'ts up to your Doctor or physical therapist. Having said that, there is quite a lot of core work that can be done in which the legs are unloaded. For example, The basic chest lift, chest lift with rotation, supine twist, roll up etc.. Instead of weeding through the classes, I recommend you look through the exercises page and select exercises that do not bear weight on the feet, have a knee bend that is significant enough to cause pain, or have high repetition of knees straightening and bending (single leg stretch). If you keep it basic and listen to your Doctor and your body, I suspect you will find a fair amount that you can do. Remember, a big part of recovery is rest too! Best of Luck Fabiana.
Brand New

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin