Pilates post-knee surgery?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for someone to point me in the direction of workouts on the site that I can do after knee surgery.

Last week I had the anterior cruciatus knee ligament reconstructed from a hamstring graft (both in my left leg). Recovery is going fine - I am diligently doing my rehab exercises several times a day - but I'm also starting to go slightly stir crazy here at home without regular exercise. Can anyone point me towards any existing videos I can do while I'm off my knee? Or arm and core reps that I can incorporate into my knee exercises? Please help! Thanks, Tiva
1 person likes this.
Hi Tiva, I also just had knee surgery. although mine was for meniscus repair bilateral. I ordered a DVD that is fairly routine and simple but it really helps me. I found it on Amazon. its called Strong Knees . You can also go on the Collage video website and watch a demo of it.. just type in the words strong knees and it will come up.This DVD was done by a PT/Pilates teacher and it incorporates strengthing and stretching all the muscles that support the knee..ie, quads, glutes, extensors( hamstrings) i highly reccomend it.
Good luck to you!! Also if you have access to a Wunda Chair its wonderful for strengthing the knees.. you might check out some of those workouts here and see if they are appropriate.. Jamie

If you have access to a Wunda chair they are wonderful to build back knee strength!! Good luck to you. Jamie
Jamie - thanks for all the tips! I'll definitely check out the strong knees DVD.
Recovery going well so far and my physio has given me a few pilates moves to incorporate into my knee rehab - like the odd bridge and some arm weight things I can do at the same time as the knee exercises.
Baby steps!

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin