Peak reformer/tower combo vs. Balanced body combo

Jill S
I am currently in the process of completing my Comprehensive Instructor training. I work only on Gratz in studio, but want to purchase a different brand reformer/tower combo for my home. Any major differences to consider between Peak and BB?
I have had both, currently use Balanced Body and am happy with it. I think you can get them more similar than the ones I had: my Peak ones were much more 'classical', i.e.: no risers, leather straps, footbar movable by the feet; the Balanced Body ones are more 'contemporary', i.e.: risers and adjustable ropes, locking footbar for safety, etc. Although, I believe you can get versions quite similar to each other from either company. The push through bar on BB is standard as a 3-sided metal bar; on a Peak, mine was a 4-sided wood bar. Advantages to both. I am a big fan of Balanced Body as a company, and find that they have huge range as far as what sort of options you want on your equipment, and their service is excellent. If you do get the BB reformer/tower, do be mindful to ask specifically if you want a standard height reformer (14", I believe) rather than the higher 18", as if you don't specify, they will go with the higher one as a standard. Lots to consider, hope this helped a bit.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin