Classes not “hard enough”

I feel super sad and defeated. I had a client this morning tell me the class wasn’t hard enough. I work to structure a class to address everyone’s needs and she is struggling a lot with posture so we focus on that. How do you help a client feel challenged when they aren’t ready for more difficult work? I tend to run into this a lot. Thanks so much for your comments in advance.
Nikki
1 person likes this.
I feel your frustration. For clients in that category, I tend to focus on simple movements and play with tempo and reps, so slow it down and cue critical connections and do several different variations of same exercise / groups of movement so they work towards fatigue. Hope this helps! Goodluck....it is definitely a journey!
Victoria C
1 person likes this.
As someone who is a client, I realize something is much harder than I think as soon as I'm put into the correct position. I'm sure you've tried this, but it works for me.
Lysette P
1 person likes this.
Hi Eleanor, I'm so glad you posted this as I don't feel so lonely now haha. I'd be happy to read you all as well. I currently teach group classes, but I am in a similar position, especially when I see most of the group are beginners. So I go slower, but then someone complains "it was not hard".
What @nikki says makes sense. Focus on one, two exercises and do different variations, pulse, speed it up when it doesn't compromise form. I feel "fatiguing" the abdominal muscles helps them feel they really worked and most people like it. So maybe you can work on that. I appreciate more tips! Thanks.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin