Which pilates chair is the best?

Pele
I'm debating on Stott or Balanced bodies.
I want something reasonable for the price. Something sturdy. Stott ones have handles but I haven't seen the handles used as much and am wondering if I could do without them. Are split pedals absolutely necessary? I'm only used to a single pedal.
BTW, I'm not an instructor. Just need an instructor's opinion. THX.
Hi Pele- Split pedal is not absolutely necessary.. It is not a feature of the original "Wunda" chair - it is a contemporary modification, and can provide some additional variations to the exercises. Both Stott and BB offer split pedal, and BB offers single pedal Wunda chair as well. Both also offer handles... yes, you can get by without them in your personal practice... like the split pedal, there are a few exercises you will not be able to do. The handles can also be used for safety when learning some of the more challenging standing exercises. I would try to work on all the chairs you are considering.. each is a bit different and you will find that your body and your tendencies are better suited to one brand over another. Both Stott and BB are well made and should last a very long time. You might look for used chairs as they will be good value. Hope you find a chair that feels right for you.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin