Pilates for tall men

2 people like this.
Hi! I have several male clients who are over 6'2" and am running into difficulties with the equipment being too small for certain things. Are there any modifications that people have created for this scenario? For example, the chairs are almost too small for sitting legs, reverse frog, etc. The reformer is too small for roll up and some sitting exercises. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks.
Stott makes a thing for reformers called a platform extender. It is about 3 inches high and extends the platform for sidesplits. It is the perfect width to put on top of my Exo chair and make it possible to elevate the hands for reverse frog etc. You could also have them sit on it for legwork.
hi Kristin,
Ardy from Ardy's Pilates in Pismo Beach. I have a balanced body stretch reformer for sale. It is considerably larger and fits tall men. I got it several years ago while training cal poly basketball men. I'm no longer using the large reformer and would like to sell. contact me for more information ardy@ardyspilates.com or 805-773-3863
I have a brother 6'8 who I train.
I have two wunda chairs that I put back to back for longer seat for swan, star etc... I also use the moon box on top of chair to extend the height for leg work and I have even placed the chair on two short boxes for added heights for standing Demi point pumps! He can't extend all the way but great quad work. Hope this helps!
Patty Hafen
1 person likes this.
I had the same question - I have two male clients that are 6' 7". Thanks so much for the suggestions.
Does anyone know what is the maximum in height that a balanced body allegro reformer will fit ? Thank you !
Stott PIlates has an extended upgrade for tall people, it adds six inches to length. Have to buy a new reformer and have it fitted in the factory.
Rosanne  R
Rrrosanne07@gmail.com

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin