Beginner

Ok, I've done the Monica Wilson's progression (which I loved!) and now I'm a little bit lost in what should I keep on doing, the level 1 or 1/2? I don't want to go forward so much because I want to make sure I'm doing the exercises the correct way and I don't end up hurting my back (do a lot of computer work). Thanks
Hi Catalina - Consider repeating the last few classes that Monica offers. You'll find that each time you take even the same class, you find out new information. I would also recommend viewing a few of the other teachers level one classes. See if their tempo and verbal cues resonate with you, and if so, enjoy the different perspectives they bring to you. You may even want to watch one of Monica's Level 2 classes. You are familiar with her it so it may feel right to be in that class. You're in a good place. All of our instructors are highly skilled. Explore, while always paying attention to your body.
Thank you! I'm really enjoying this classes!
Hi, I’m a new starter 74 years old and not sure which of the videos I should begin with, can you direct me in the order I should go. I have a three chord reformer that I use every day but still only the warm up. I would like to get started on mat exercise so any help would be appreciated, BTW I’m pretty fit for my age with no major complications.
Leslie in UK
Hi Leslie! Welcome! We suggest you go to the Beginner's Center first. You'll find it within the Learning Center at the top of every page. You will learn some common terms that will help you as you begin as well as have the option to choose from several beginner playlists. A playlist is a series of classes meant to be done in the order they are listed. I recommend you start with one or all of the classes listed in "The Basics" playlist then move on to Beginner Mat Progression with Niedra. We have had several beginnier's do it this way recently with much success. Click below to go to the Beginner's Center.
Beginner's Center
Hi Kristi, thank you for the welcome and fast response.
I had already found the basics and worked through your class #31 but I think it was the numbering that was confusing me I was looking for the beginning i.e. class #1, anyway you have now showed me the right path to follow.
Have connected a laptop to a 32 inch flat screen TV it is just great to do the workouts, thank you once again.
Leslie.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin