Cadillac Fundamental Exercises

Maggie L
1 person likes this.
This is a content related question/comment.

It's great that there are the 2-4 minute videos that breakdown the Mat and Reformer exercises. I wish there were also a list of exercises on other apparatus - especially the Cadillac.

Wondering if that content exists - or if you anticipate ever creating it? Is there a demand, I wonder?

Thanks!
Hi Maggie! Thank you so much for this comment and question. As of right now, we don't have something specific like this broken down for the Cadillac, but I do know that Benjamin Degenhardt has broken down two things for the Cadillac: Push Through Bar and Leg Springs,. EAch have their own tutorial. Were there specific pieces of movement that you wanted to have us demonstrate?! We're happy to plan some things out.
Maggie L
What’s helpful for me is to illustrate how equipment helps support the body with VERY simple exercises.

The roll down bar is a great example, easy to show the client how it’s up to the person to allow for the support of the bar to assist you vs. letting it do the work for you. Feet in straps is another easy way to demonstrate that the exercises are easier when the legs are lighter/supported by the springs. And not to rely on that TOO much.

Are there other situations on the Cadillac that help beginners get a clear and simple understanding of how they are being supported? For instance:

Spine Stretch Forward on Mat = Push Through Seated Front

Saw on Mat = Circle Saw

Cat/Cow on the Mat = Cat Sitting —> Cat Kneeling

The Beginner's Center is a good resource for me to use so that I can remind myself that the client's point of view is way different than the teacher's! What's helpful for my understanding is often too nuanced and confusing for the beginner/client.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin