Levels?

Hi, new here and wanted to know about the different levels? I've been doing Pilates mat class for over 2 yrs and the reformer for over a year. Where should I start? So many choices!!
Thanks,
Lisa
Welcome to Pilates Anytime Lisa! Great Question! I think it is always a good idea to review the basics no matter what level you are. It will give you a sense of the teachers and get you used to taking class online. If the level is a little lower than you are used to, you will likely have an easier time connecting to the objectives of an exercise and therefore end up working really hard. You can probably skip the basics classes, but I would recommend trying a couple of level one classes. You are likely to learn something new then you be the judge as to whether you should move to the level 2 classes. The good thing about having so many choices, is you can simply watch a few minutes of several classes and levels to see what you think suits the experience you have. The library is at your disposal. You may watch as many classes as you like to get a sense of what you need. Enjoy!
Could you please explain the differences between deliberate and moderate paced classes? Is it just a question of personal preference or do they have different objectives?
Thanks!!
Joni, Thanks for the question on paces. Ultimately, Levels and paces are subjective. We have tried to delineate our classes so you can have an idea of what to expect when you go to class. A class marked "Deliberate" is one that is going to have more attention to detail and explanation. These classes tend to move a little slower with the objective of deepening your work. Moderate will focus a little more on flow while still giving detailed cues. The transitions between exercises are quicker. The objective here is to allow the student to focus more internally while moving at a relatively brisk pace. Accelerated, assumes the student has good understanding of the exercises being presented so an increase in pace is added for challenge.
Each of the paces could be offered at any level (1, 2, or 3). Personal preference factors in. Do what you like and vary your pace occasionally for challenge. BTW, deliberate is often the most challenging way to go.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin