SPX Fitness

Does anyone know anything about SPX Fitness? It is pilates based but the exercises are not done on a reformer. Any opinions?
I was asked about this recently by a friend of mine, and until now, I thought he got the name wrong. Looks like I have some research to do.
SPX Fitness uses the pilates reformer as a base and they do pilates type and gym exercises on it.I totally dislike it,has nothing to do with the integrity of pilates, but this is my opinion of course
I took a SPX class today at a studio in Palo Alto, Ca. SPX is a fusion of Pilates, cardio, and strength training done on a machine called a "Megaformer" which looks like a juiced up reformer. I thought it was a good workout:)
I will be a taking a class in January. I am intrigued so we will see.
Keep us posted Jody!
Ted Johnson
I have tried it and personally I don't enjoy it nearly as much as more traditional Pilates. The class I took really didn't have much in common with any Pilates class I've taken... seems like more of an amalgam of various exercises and has more of the tempo of a high-energy cardio class (including the music). I will say this, it was challenging.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin