Pilates for Menopause: Here's How it Can Help with Symptoms (Blog)

Pilates for Menopause: Here's How it Can Help with Symptoms (Blog)

Read This Article
6 people like this.
Menopause reminds me, in a way, of pregnancy... Your body takes over and does what it is going to do. Yes, Pilates and good nutrition help smooth the process of aging but the body still continues it's path of change. I feel that it (my body) has a mind of it's own just like when I was expecting my two children so many years ago!
Great insight Carolyne! Additionally, many Pilates teachers work with women in this age group. Thank you, Anne
Maggie L
4 people like this.
I know this thread started years ago, but now that I am in menopause (to be clear, my child bearing years are over) I am in the midst of re-considering my exercise program. Although I did attempt to 'get ahead of it' I wasn't very successful. At 46, I started to really accept my age and life circumstances, knowing that changes were imminent whether I liked it or not. Yet I felt unsupported and alienated, frankly, because most of my peers and supporters brushed off my concerns and told me, "you're not old!" and "you're too young to be perimenopausal" and "you're in great shape" blah blah. I know it was intended to be positive, but it actually wasn't. For me, it's better to look and feel healthy at whatever age or stage you ARE in vs. trying to force yourself into something you simply are not. As it relates to exercise, I realize that what was FANTASTIC for me at age 40 is NOT at age 48. There's definitely a loss and grief, but I'm hopeful for a new paradigm! Thanks
1 person likes this.
Thank you Alison the hardest thing I have found to do is accept my body for as it is now. How it has affected limited my movements. But learning to accept change whilst striving to stay in the best shape I can physically mentally emotionally and spiritually is inspiring 

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin