Pilates History: Who Was Joseph Pilates? (Blog)

Pilates History: Who Was Joseph Pilates? (Blog)

Read This Article
Maryam
2 people like this.
Thank you for the brief history!
Eva T
2 people like this.
Year of birth 1880.....? On the memorial stone: 1883 (video The Legacy Project) which also matches aged 83 when he past away in 1967.
Eva T Oh my! Thank you! Portions of this article were written years ago, before it was discovered that Joseph Pilates said he was older than he was. I don't know if we know for sure why he did that, but many think it had to do with either Clara's age or his desire to appear more vital/fit for his age. Great catch and I really appreciate it. We have corrected it in the blog now. 
Eva T
Kristi Cooper Thanks for your prompt action. I just wondered about the dates, including lots of different versions on websites of what and where Joseph Pilates was doing what. I discover this while trying to gather a resumé for presenting the background for his magical training concept. BTW do you know, why "Contrology" is no longer used, as it makes much more sense. PS! Funny fact detail; mee too I add some years to my age (64) in order to "impress" my students - and it works
Oh if only everyone realized that "PIlates"was actually a person, also the reason we had not heard the Pilates word prior to the late 1960's, until the "Pilates" name was registered.
Marchel A
1 person likes this.
Marie G  That's the truth!

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin