Red Pole Series<br>Jillian Hessel<br>Tutorial 2178

Red Pole Series
Jillian Hessel
Tutorial 2178

Watch this Tutorial
Wonderful calm, warm teaching style.
Maggie L
Thank you for a clear and easy to follow presentation. A very valuable 15 minutes b/c Jillian was obviously prepared and connected to Michelle.

I'm wondering if there is any tutorial on propping one's own body or if it's even worth the effort? In other words, is having someone else assist (in this case how Jillian assisted Michelle with the wedges) pretty much necessary for accuracy because the body being propped has to remain neutral?

I appreciate anyone’s thoughts or suggestions regarding propping one’s own curved or “scoliotic” spine.
Hi Maggie, thanks for your comments, & of course you may prop yourself! It's best to have someone who knows alignment watching over you, but not really practical all the time.
For example, you should "prop what's dropped, wether lying supine OR prone. This means if your left hip rotates forward when lying supine, wedge under the RIGHT hip to even out. You can check for levelness when doing footwork on Reformer by seeing if bent knees are level. (When I am doing Footwork, my left knee tends to appear "longer" bc my left hip rotates anteriorly & medially. Propping under right hip levels me out. Check out Karena Theks short videos on u tube. They are numerous & informative. She also sells wedges on her website, scolio-pilates. Best of luck!
What do you say to the PT's who recommend never propping and having client get into best position possible and then continue same work?
2 people like this.
I just had to come back to this video and comment. I tried out the manual releasing of the pectorals yesterday on one of my newer clients, and it was amazing! I could see such a difference in her shoulder girdle, and she said she felt completely different afterwards. Thank you so much, this will be a wonderful tool for my clients who sit at a desk a lot and have tight pecs.
Thanks Kathrin, sometimes the "oldies" are goodies! Glad this tutorial helped you out in a practical way. Keep up the great work!
Cheryl Z
love this
Paule Z
No one explains things so effortlessly !🥰
11-18 of 18

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin