Precise & Detailed Reformer<br>Diane Diefenderfer<br>Class 2715

Precise & Detailed Reformer
Diane Diefenderfer
Class 2715

Watch this Class
Sydney L
Hi, Diane! 

As a trainee, I notice when I practice teaching, I often attempt to cover all the aspects of the body as if I were addressing a beginner. Listening to you cue advanced students like Gia and Laura, I realize this pressure is slightly relaxed and it is less necessary to over-explain.  

When practicing teaching last week, I tended to spend more  time verbalizing postural cues and I totally forgot the rhythm and pacing of the movement. (Haha, just like when i actually take your class for exercise.) Having these videos as reference definitely helps me  see a balance between postural reminders and pacing cues from an external perspective. 

Thanks for a great class :)
Lauren G
Watching this class really helped me to realize the necessity of glute engagement during just about all of the exercises! That is an area that I sometimes neglect to actively target when I am focused on other postural/alignment cues. Seeing the massive difference of passive vs. active glute engagement on the short box was eye-opening to me and cemented in my brain its necessity in all exercises!
Megan Y
Thank you Diane for all the lovely, descriptive cues!
Karli P
It was so helpful to see Laura demonstrate the tendencies to sink into the lumbar spine when the deep abdominals are not engaged correctly, great teaching moment! Thank you for a wonderful class as always Diane!
Katherine W
Such a great class with a nice pace! I personally enjoyed the Ron Fletcher variation for "hundreds". Loved all the helpful and detailed cues throughout the workout. 
Samantha S
Looked like such a great and challenging workout! I especially enjoying the arm work series flowing between biceps/triceps and rowing with both variations!
Edgar A
I love how you incorporate the stretches in between exercises such as the one you shared from Ron Fletcher after stomach massage, before reach and twist. I also Liked the images you used such as "chicken on a bbq." It helps to cue the isolation in the position of the hips while doing the knee stretch.
Cara L
I loved the progression of this class, as well as the use of the pole to show correct spinal alignment ! 
Isabela D
i really appreciate the use of the poles along the spine. That is a tool I often forget about. i love how you can use it to align the spine along with using it as a frame by the ears. it also can be used to stretch. I just feel it is not only helpful for finding length in the spine, but a squaring of the shoulders. She also used it to hollow the belly and really activate the lower belly, along with using it to help emphasize the imagery.
Quinn F
I like that Diane sings through the class, it helps keep tempo and an elevated sense of energy as you go! I also like the use of imagery, especially Ron Fletcher's "chicken skewer" to cue the alignment and squareness of the hips. 
41-50 of 68

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin