Pilates Industry Questions<br>Deborah Lessen<br>Discussion 3252

Pilates Industry Questions
Deborah Lessen
Discussion 3252

Watch this Discussion
Anula Maiberg
Kristi Cooper a million times yes. This conversation meant so much to me. Its helping a generation and future generations who are getting further removed from our sources feel more connected as a community and as individuals. Deborah (and many others) is a wealth of information and kindness. So very inspiring. 💗
Frida Lehman
Thank you so much for this ladies! I could not agree more and feel totally inspired and boosted in my way of teaching. I´m from Sweden and I see a tendency here, generally speaking, of people wanting to sort others into boxes. I´m not sure why. It seems like a behaviour of someone who is insecure or intimidated. A way of taking control maybe? It is limiting in my opinion, for everyone. I think if you know why you´ve made a choice and are aware that someone else might look at it differently, there is no reason to fight or try to box people up. You see something different, maybe you reconsider or you feel even stronger in your choice. Both alternatives are great! Like movement, if you have a strong centre and grounding, you can play with going off balance.
Again, thanks a lot for this wonderful discussion!
Frida, I really appreciate your well thought out and well said comment. Thank you. Anula Maiberg, I'll work on it! Maybe we can add a studio tour into the mix if we get there!
2 people like this.
Thank you Deborah Lessen, Anula Maiberg , Kristi Cooper , and the PMA for creating the context where we can have healthy, provocative, and ultimately loving conversations about this work that has meant so much to all of us. It's good to get uncomfortable, examine our assumptions, put ourselves in the shoes of others, and get past our own small perspectives. This is healing work and these are tough, but healing, conversations...
1 person likes this.
Absolutely found this discussion enthralling. I know I have questioned my teachings. Am I classical , contemporary etc... I decided both and now I’m deciding I am a Pilates teacher ...period. No label! Let’s all just get along, learn, differentiate and always ask questions! Thank you Anula and Deborah.
1 person likes this.
Thank you for backing up exactly what I thought!
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much to show so much openness. It was a very inspiring discussions to listen to !
1 person likes this.
Interesting points and perspective. I would have appreciated hearing more on Deborah's thoughts to questions posed rather than long deliberations from Anula!
Anula Maiberg
Linda thank you for your feedback. A good note to learn from for the future.
1 person likes this.
So wonderful to hear this topic discussed in such a sensible, calm way.
As a student of Pilates for 17 years and a teacher for 10, it has always saddened me that this group of people who supposedly share the same purpose are so judgemental of each other instead of supportive.
Surely the best way of judging whether what you are teaching your clients is worthwhile, is seeing the amazing changes in the way they move and feel. I love teaching this method, but I dislike being labelled, modern, classical or whatever.
At 62, I’ve recently realised I don’t care what I am labelled, the important thing is that my clients are happy and healthy and that I continue to grow and learn.
Maria Di Laudo
Sydney, Australia
21-30 of 73

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin