Shifts in the Pilates Industry<br>Joan Breibart<br>Discussion 3325

Shifts in the Pilates Industry
Joan Breibart
Discussion 3325

Watch this Discussion
1 person likes this.
I can agree and relate to many of Joan's opinion. As a junior instructor I often highlight to my fellow instructor friends that any studio running a teacher training program only do it for more money to run their business. Although they like to say giving of knowledge is why they like to do it or the love of Pilates. Guess what as humans majority of the population is not that genorous everything drives around money, money, money. Again I dont understand the divide between classical or contemporary. It is another way of making money for the business to grow. I am sure Joe pilates would have changed his method or added varieties or even invented new equipments to grow his business depending on the market demands and other factors. He was quite the businessman. Pilates will continue to grow as far as we dont have the divide and do what is best for our own being.
2 people like this.
I worked for Joan in 2004 at PMI, for the most part editing teacher manuals while I was a student at NYU. It's been years since I heard her wit and sharp tongue. I appreciate how she is able to transform perceptions of fear into excitement and how she is looking at multiple trends as a way to understand the context of where we are at. I laughed a lot and I thought Joan was RIGHT ON about the idea of calling all businesses associated with Pilates as "body-mind". As such we allow the form to shift and evolve into something that can adapt to how the population wants to move now.
Thank you to everyone for watching this interview. I think every comment shared here is so important. I hope others find their way to the interview and also to your comments. Thank you!
Very entertaining interview. Kristi well done, you were open to her opinions but held your ground on your own perspective, defended other teachers choices and asked for clarification.
Btw -- so is she saying she's not passionate about Pilates but rather tolerates it and it's work... ;) lol
Powerful, informative, funny, and engaging conversation...THANK YOU!
1 person likes this.
As relevant in 2021 as it was when recorded! THANK YOU BOTH for such exceptional content! VERY helpful!
yes but covid changed it all. Not just the sizing up  but the  fear. Pilates teachers are in the group that thought lockdown was a good idea. 
Joan Breibart not this instructor! I continued to see clients during the entire year of 2020 with no problems at all. 
Good!! Glad  there are some who are not wimps nor  wellness witches.
11-19 of 19

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin