Pelvic Alignment<br>Diane Diefenderfer<br>Tutorial 4659

Pelvic Alignment
Diane Diefenderfer
Tutorial 4659

Watch this Tutorial
Gianna  A
I love the explanation of why we need a neutral pelvis. To protect and engage the right muscles. This will come in handy to explain to clients :)
Ashley O
I appreciate the explanation and visual of firing up the glutes without the action of the pelvis tucking. It is important to differentiate the two because a lot of times the tendency would be to tuck and squeeze the glutes when in reality there should be no tucking
Coral S
This really made it clear how to visualize and explain a neutral pelvis, that the transverse abdominals, glutes, and hamstrings are all working without arching the back or tucking the pelvis under during leg and footwork. I really liked the image of the ruler across the top of the hips to help find the flat back and neutral pelvis.
Anna H
Thank you for showing how to encourage a neutral pelvis! It is important to know this concept because as you showed, it is the proper way to perform the leg & footwork exercises - firing up the muscles. I liked the image of champagne glasses!
Katie W
It was very nice to hear the reminder that a neutral pelvis does not mean your seat muscles and hamstrings are not still engaged, and I appreciated seeing how to engage these muscles without allowing the pelvis to tuck. I also found it useful to hear that some clients may allow their pelvis to not only tuck or tilt, but also shift side to side in exercises like Running in Place. This was a good reminder and definitely a good thing to keep an eye out for for when teaching. 
Isabella G
This was a great explanation of which muscles are engaging during leg and footwork while keeping the pelvis neutral. Oftentimes reminders to externally rotate or engage the glutes can make people forget to maintain their neutral pelvis and can cause tucking, so showing that both actions can happen together is helpful. I liked the note about having glutes, hamstrings, and inner thighs engaged before even starting an exercise, and I think it would make a good reminder for future clients. 
Lu Zhang
Thank you for the detailed and super professional explanation , best of all, I love the  most special advices on training for professional dancers.
Solana M
I really enjoyed how you went through the different positions in leg and footwork. For someone just learning  finding that neutral pelvis might be difficult, this offers a lot of ways to really breakdown the alignment and movement to clients. Such an important video!
Moorea P
I liked the  emphasis on pubic bone connecting with the sacrum. I also like how to bones are open and facing the sky for prehensile. The big emphasis on no tucking in a turned out position is important too.
Emma M
This is a really great informational video! I really enjoyed all the cues and imagery used to explain the correct body position. The tactile cues are also really helpful to watch.
11-20 of 21

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin