Magic Circle Exploration<br>Sharon G.<br>Class 2185

Magic Circle Exploration
Sharon G.
Class 2185

Watch this Class
Excellent and innovative, as always, Sharon!
Sharon Gallagher-Rivera
Thank you so much Holly. I'm glad you enjoyed the new class.
1 person likes this.
Awesome Magic circle class Sharon
Sharon Gallagher-Rivera
Thank you Stephanie. I appreciate the positive feedback .
1 person likes this.
Love seeing new ways to challenge with the circle. Thank you
Sharon Gallagher-Rivera
Thank you Pat. I'm so glad you enjoyed the class.
1 person likes this.
Hi Sharon--when you say "low spine to the mat" are you asking for a posterior tilt?
Sharon Gallagher-Rivera
Hi Mickey. Thank you for this question. The answer really depends on your individual uniform development, meaning we are trying to balance our bodies with this work and you should self cue to that. But in general terms, when I use that cue I do not necessarily intend to move from the pelvis. It's incredibly strengthening and lengthening to find a spine flat to the mat without much of a posterior tilt. It depends on how you're initiating it as well. I try to cue lengthening of the pelvis away from the rib in those flat to the mat moments. Sometimes moving from a posterior tilt shortens the pelvis backward in space. I try to say "curl the tail up" instead of "tilt your pelvis" which initiates more from spine than pelvis and tends to encourage more length. I'm not totally positive which exercise(s) this was for either, so that may help me clarify better. Thank you again for such a thought provoking question.
2 people like this.
I so enjoyed your class. Kudos for maintaining a natural conversational tone to your instructions that is the mark (in my book) of a confident teacher who believes in herself and her message. I like that you did hands on corrections. We can all learn from each other's cues and corrections. It was fun to see your innovative exercises with the circle. Hope to see more of your videos.
Sharon Gallagher-Rivera
Wow Cheryl. Thank you so much for all of the thoughtful compliments and feedback. It is nice to hear how the various layers of information are received. And yes I agree that every teacher must also be an eternal student. Thank you for that comment about learning from each other.
1-10 of 37

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin