Work with Abundant Bodies<br>Madeline Black<br>Workshop 2337

Work with Abundant Bodies
Madeline Black
Workshop 2337

Watch this Workshop
Madeline Black
Kimberly, you are very welcome! Bed Bath and Beyond has the wedge pillow.
1 person likes this.
Thank you Madeline, that was very helpful as I am working with a client at the moment with weight and medical issues. Really helped a lot. Thanks again
1 person likes this.
As an abundant body, it was extremely interesting. I wish the teacher I was seeing for my reformer classes would have had this training. It was extremely difficult to put my legs in tabletop and it's still is after 10 classes! Every teacher should follow this training!
Madeline Black
Hi Cath thank you, perhaps you fill comfortable suggesting your teacher watch this.
Erini
Hi! Does this Workshop include PMA credits?
Erini ~ This workshop does not include CECs with the PMA. You can see all of our workshops with CECs here. I hope this helps!
Thank you so much for this workshop Madeline, so many people these days have abundant bodies or are simply not mobile at all and most people lack awareness of their bodies. You have given a lot of food for thought....like always! I would have liked if you did a supporting class to this workshop as an example how to work through an entire session with this population moving through all the planes of motion with some flow. I realize that each client will have specific issues and this request could be difficult. Specifically I would have likes more mat suggestions. Having said that I thank you again for sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience with us once again.
Madeline, quick question, can I substitute a baby arc for the wedge pillow to lean against in supine positions?
Madeline Black
Hi Tova, I am happy you were inspired and received helpful ideas. You can use a baby arc, be sure to support the head. The spine position is a consideration too. Be watchful for slumping. As for a mat class, that is up to PA. It may be difficult to get real bodies at the studio for a real experience. The more you try things out, you will know what is effective for your class. And fun too! Don’t forget the fun factor!
Thoughtful and innovative! Thank you for reminding us that foundation of everything we do is body mechanics, regardless of what the body looks like.

Also, I had a possible safety solution for the assisted roll down with the yoga belt. Have you tried looping one side of the belt around the roll down bar before running it around the client's back? That would, in theory, catch the roll down and keep it from hitting you if the client accidentally lets go without changing the sort of feedback you can provide with the belt.
11-20 of 27

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin