Rotation from the Hips<br>Diane Diefenderfer<br>Tutorial 2277

Rotation from the Hips
Diane Diefenderfer
Tutorial 2277

Watch this Tutorial
1 person likes this.
Thank you Diane. Very clear, consist explanation. Having the exact same leg configuration, I know that finding the external rotation of just the hip is not always easy, but necessary. And combining that with good spine placement is so important. Thanks for sharing this on PA.
1 person likes this.
Great tutorial Diane! Wonderful explanations of the various details involved with turnout from the hip. Thank you for articulating your attention to detail.
??thanks
That was great, loved the cues and the importance of neutral pelvis. I have so many clients with posterior tilt.
Love it.. Thank you.. Can't wait to use it tomorrow..
Really clear explanation - I will use the mixture of parallel and turnout with my dancer clients. Thanks
Thank you Diane! I appreciate the visual of correct alignment and incorrect. Great tools!
Megan Y
Thank you Diane for thoroughly explaining the alignment of the full body, and how to cue the importance of the external rotators and properly turnout.
Samantha S
I really appreciated the explanations of the neutral pelvis, lengthened hip flexors, and engagement of the external rotators that you articulated in this video. As dancers, and pilates practitioners, we know these feelings but as teachers it is another thing to communicate these concepts. 
Lauren G
I appreciate the variation on leg circles that includes both parallel and externally rotated actions. It's a wonderful example of active rotation that allows for more mobility and range of motion, and it prepares a dancer (especially a modern dancer) for healthier transitions between parallel and turned out movements/positions.
1-10 of 27

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin