Finding Space in your Hips<br>Debora Kolwey<br>Class 2110

Finding Space in your Hips
Debora Kolwey
Class 2110

Watch this Class
Yeah, I do a lot of 3's but these were new variations. My strength is there, not my knowledge of these moves. I do all of
Courtney"s classes without cheating (or I drop a rep before I fall apart) Does anyone introduce these moves in a video? This did show up in my recommended for me section.
Amy ~ Thank you for your forum post. We have started filming the Reformer Exercises which break them down so you know what you are doing in classes. We are adding more each week and hope to have a pretty complete library for these exercises. I hope this helps!
Amy, it's my understanding that Courtney C is Stott trained. The exercises in this video appear to be more traditional Romana style. Those are two completely different styles!
I found Debora's instructions to be very clear, but I don't think anyone who is unfamiliar with the level 3 traditional style exercises should do this video.
1 person likes this.
Thank you Debora for rocking my world with this session! I can't wait to play it again and again. Thank you everyone for your compliments it was truly the greatness of Deboras teaching. I am thrilled you are all enjoying and I am grateful I was able to be with her in person. xx~LL
Debora, thank you for reminding me that I am strong. Thank you for reminding me that I am curious. Thank you for reminding me that my years of practice will show up for me even when I'm not sure I can show up for myself, so long as I just try. This class was incredibly inspiring to film, but I had not actually taken it until now. Watching it is not enough. One must do it to understand what the power of Pilates through your teaching offers. Thank you so much.
Amy this class is indeed representing the higher end of traditional Pilates. You bring up a good point given we have other level 3 classes that do not represent traditional Pilates (Courtney Miller included). Thank you for the feedback. We will take under consideration the importance of distinguishing level 3 in terms of intensity through variation and level 3 in terms of traditional Pilates. What Debora teaches here are not "new" moves, they are nearing the high end of the traditional order as designed by Joseph Pilates himself. For more information on this, I recommend a few resources:

The Pilates Center
BenjaminDegenhardt.com
Pilates.About.com
2 people like this.
Deb- that was great! I love your infectious energy and your passionate and knowledge-filled teaching. This was a great Classical Pilates class for the highly experienced student (LIV/LV, and maybe Soft IV for those transitioning into Advanced work). Thank you!

Leslie- It's inspiring to see how Pilates is able to move you even when you're recovering from injury. We've all been there, and you gave me hope by not backing away from challenging exercises (even though you modified as needed, which was smart and great to watch). I hope to meet you one day!
Everlea, I couldn't agree more! Debora has such infectious energy! I love every class I get to take with her. I do hope our paths cross some day. I am happy to say that a year from injury I am pain free and doing the full advanced mat and reformer without issue and without modification. Pilates does a body good! xx~LL
Kelly P
1 person likes this.
Debora's cues are fantastic!
Andy M
1 person likes this.
Man! As a grad of TPC and firm lover of Debora K’s classes this was JUST what the dr ordered! I haven’t been able to get back to Boulder since I graduated and this is a reminder of the stellar teaching they all offer. Such great advanced exercises taught with such nurturing and support. Debora, you are a Master!!
11-20 of 20

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin