First Time Session<br>Niedra Gabriel<br>Class 2526

First Time Session
Niedra Gabriel
Class 2526

Watch this Class
Niedra Gabriel
Thank you Hydie, I am so glad you got a lot out of this video with Daniella. I hope to film her again at some point in the future - and share her progress.
Niedra Gabriel
Thankyou Hydie, I know, Daniella is amazing and I hope to have her back to show her progress.
Niedra! You saved the day for me. I have a client who although able to move and walk is very weak and needs a lot of assistance. I watched your video an hour before she arrived and I borrowed a lot of your material and it was a huge success. Thank you a million times and I am so grateful that we have these videos on Pilates Anytime and you rock Daniella.!
This was both beautiful and moving to watch! Thanks Niedra!
Niedra Gabriel
Thank you for your post Lorraine, yes Danniela is amazing.
Yes, I love the sequence and it is very helpful for me to think about what you do with someone who is at this level. One question I have about the neck traction you do towards end...would this be considered manipulation and out of the scope of your average pilates instructor? I think it clearly helped her and was probably a great thing, but just looking for clarification about that one. Thanks!
Niedra Gabriel
Good question Linnea, When I was trained Romana used to do this and shared the information with the students. I know classically trained teachers are aware of this sort of traction as part of the service. In your case, it will depend on your back ground and more importantly, how comfortable are you touching and working manually with your clients.
You can test run this by placing your fingers under the Occipital bone at the base of the skull when your client is on their back, and gently lengthen their necks. If you are not confident but want to learn, then just be very very gentle in the process, I think your clients will be grateful . Compassionate touch is always a gift.
Hope this helps.
1 person likes this.
Niedra, been going through all your videos in lieu of access to a mastercourse with you (though I'm looking at your SAFARI!!) And this class is truly a testament to your excellence, and very validating for me. Thank you as always for your superb guidance and mentorship.
Niedra Gabriel
Rachel L thankyou Rachel, you are such a special person.  I take everything you say as a HUGE compliment and am most grateful that my perspective is helpful for you.   Would LOVE to have you come on the Sout Africa retreat - it will be amazing !

11-19 of 19

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin