Control & Balance Challenge<br>Meredith Rogers<br>Class 2031

Control & Balance Challenge
Meredith Rogers
Class 2031

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
two words..Yow Za. Gonna def practice this one. Especially loved your combos! Thank you Meredith & PA
Michele M
1 person likes this.
Just what I needed today! Thanks for a nice, quick and challenging practice:)
I learned some great moves that are new to me. Thanks!
Thanks for your comments ladies. I appreciate hearing from you and love that you choose to take class with me.
Sarah,
thank you for sharing your "accidental" variation. It's so fun to be creative. I'll have to try that. :)
Denee,
I never use more than one spring for the snake. It is the perfect weight, for me.
1 person likes this.
Great class as usual! I can always count on Meredith for a phenomenal workout. Thank you:)
1 person likes this.
Such a creative and difficult class Meredith. Just wow, the flow and the lines were simply beautiful. I could watch you and Kristi all day! I had a couple of questions about the add on to short spine that you did. I was having a hard time with it, as in really couldn't do it. I was reviewing your cues more carefully though and I think I can set myself up for more success next time. You had a red and a blue correct? I also felt really uncomfortable in my neck and shoulders and I think I was coming up too high. If you wouldn't mind a quick explanation of the exercise and what the objectives of that add on are, I would be ever so thankful. It was simply beautiful to watch, I'd just like to work on preparing my body for it so that next time I can experience it.

Thank you ladies for your devotion to the Pilates Anytime community, you have brightened my snowed in morning here in Virginia!
Rebekah,
You are correct. In the short spine variation we were working with a red and a blue spring. That exercise is easy to misunderstand. Firstly, to avoid neck and shoulder tension, balance the weight more across the mid back and less across the neck. It won't feel like the top of the short spine as you may know it. Try staying a little lower with a rounded spine. As you press through the legs, press up an forward bringing the feet away from you slightly as they move upward. The objectives, in my mind, would be trunk and pelvic stability and a focus on hip extensor strength. I hope that helps! Please let me know if you need more guidance. I appreciate you taking class with us and reaching out for clarification. Warm and sunny wishes to you!
Elizabeth V
1 person likes this.
Meredith. You are a machine!
1 person likes this.
Beautiful control. Thanks.
11-20 of 32

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin