Exploring Shapes in Movement<br>Leah Stewart<br>Class 2500

Exploring Shapes in Movement
Leah Stewart
Class 2500

Watch this Class
Kerry,

So sorry for the late response. A couple of quick ideas for you regarding the roll over with the leg circles. Play with placing a long box (if you have access to one) behind you (over your head) on the mat, you'll have to space it so that when you roll over your toes will land on top of the box. This will remove the big strain on your hamstrings by shortening the range of motion. You can then had an anchor and practice the circles from there. Once you feel comfortable doing this with the long box (your body adapts) you can do it with a smaller, shorter box, then maybe a cushion that is closer to the ground until eventually your toes can reach the mat. Make sense? I hope that helps
The imagery of shapes is great but I would like more movement within the cueing, this class had more explaining than actual movement although the positions we did do were great I found that I was waiting to move again while explaining and descriptions continued on. I prefer flow in movement rather than in dialogue or at least a balance between the two, having said that, I did enjoy the theme and the different variations.
Tova,

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback, and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the shape theme. It really is fun to play with.
So amazing Leah! My swan has never felt better. Shape images are so effective and enjoyable. Thank you for sharing :)
Yay, Karla! Great news about your swan - that's a tough one for sure! I hope you continue to play with shapes in your practice.
Hi Leah....so another baby later and I'm trying this again.  Still struggling with the rollover - I cannot get my feet to the floor and I'm also conscious of trying to put the weight in my arms and not my neck....any tips?  Other than that LOVED this class 
21-26 of 26

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin