Building Up to Deep Squats<br>Sarah Bertucelli<br>Tutorial 2567

Building Up to Deep Squats
Sarah Bertucelli
Tutorial 2567

Watch this Tutorial
1 person likes this.
it really is a nice tutorial . most clients have problems with their feet and ankle joint. Thanks
1 person likes this.
Nice tutorial! It has been a while since I watched a tutorial video at PA, so I am just noticing some like this one have dual camera angles. Really appreciate being able to see the detail and side view at the same time. Thank you!
1 person likes this.
This was perfect...this and breathing! Love it!!
1 person likes this.
This was fantastic for me, I struggle squatting without my heels wanting to lift, I will be practicing this everyday
1 person likes this.
Hello Sarah, I found it very helpful, Thank you.
I don't have injuries on my knees (that I aware of) but on my right knee I felt a little bit of discomfort when bending on it and squatting in parallel position. it's way easier for me to go into a deep squat in external rotation of the feet/hips. The hard part actually was this: on the one side bent position, to keep the heel down of the front foot, while changing the position of the foot of the other leg from curled to relaxed down. I have a hard time doing it without lifting that front heel, or moving out from the deep knee flexion of that front leg.(i don't know if it makes sense...)
Inge P
1 person likes this.
Love this Sarah!
1 person likes this.
Thank you. I really felt tremendous relaxation in my feet and more mobility in my ankles.
1 person likes this.
Loved this tutorial and really needed that ball work on at the feet. Hardest part for me, because I'm pretty flexible, is rising from the squat in a graceful way, without holding on. Which muscles should I be engaging to do so - do I need stronger glutes?
Hi Michelle, without seeing you move, I am not sure where I would suggest you find the power to press up. perhaps play with foot placement. Try a wider stance, slight turnout(make sure knees are aligned with feet. Or even a less wide stance. For me, things keep changing and I cannot pinpoint one muscle group as challenged. Instead, it is more about timing and the chain reaction of the entire body. Hope this helps!
Hi Marta, so sorry to have missed responding to your question. I think it is great to play with neutral alignment and a bit of external rotation. I do both. The most important part is to feel OK in your joints. If your muscles are not strong or flexible enough to be in one of the deep positions, a joint may take some pressure. Hopefully with careful practice, the positions will become comfortable. While it is difficult to guide you without seeing your body move. From what you explained, I would continue to work on ankle flexibility. Focusing on strengthening the lower leg to keep the deep flexion of ankle. Hope this means sense!
11-20 of 26

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin