Pilates Day Mat<br>Amy Havens<br>Class 478

Pilates Day Mat
Amy Havens
Class 478

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
Hi Leigh....great question here. I like introducing people to the breath pattern/sequence/rhythm with the 2 inhales, 2 exhales as I think it's much easier to get full breath in and out. The classical is 5-5 yes, but that is very difficult....especially for the new person...and especially if they are struggling with the inhales. Try the 2/2...progress to 3/3, 4/4 and 5/5. Let them have success with the breathing, rather than a struggle! Hope that helps, let me know how they do!
1 person likes this.
I do the same ..and it helps alot to the beginners. As you said Amy, they mostly have problem with the inhales more than the exhales. Teaching little by little brings a great success in the end.
1 person likes this.
I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. I love when a puzzling question has been resolved. Thank you for that! I will certainitly use this technique with those clients who struggle with breathing. I'm so interested in learning. You been a wonderful teacher for me.
Typo's again. Lol! You have been a wonderful teacher....
Thanks Berna ... and Leigh....you're welcome! I so appreciate questions like these because they count! We all want our students and clients to succeed so any tips and advice I can share is my absolute pleasure! :)
Amy, your classes are mind-blowing. They are really pinpointing the more 'athletic' technique of Pilates that is getting me hooked. Consider me a part of your cult! Thanks for the energy, enthusiasm, and thoughtfulness you put into each class.
Isadora......you are so kind, wow---thank YOU! Your feedback is very important to me and I appreciate that you took the time to comment. It's the feedback from you all that inspire me to keep bringing you great classes so thank you very much for your words!
Brilliant,
Thank you Anisha!
11-19 of 19

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin