Support The Arms<br>Madeline Black<br>Workshop 690

Support The Arms
Madeline Black
Workshop 690

Watch this Workshop
Hi Jill, Thank you for noting that we didn't' have the slideshow available for download. I have added it to the workshop. We really appreciate the feedback too!
Thank you so much Kristi!
Johanna W
Thank you for providing this valuable workshop. I'm starting to incorporate many of the exercises and principles in my teaching, and the results are amazing. One request: too often when Madeline referred to her power point illustrations, the camera did not capture them for the remote audience to see. Please include those shots in future workshops. Again, thanks for a great learning experience.
Johanna ~ I agree with your idea about including the slides in the video. For this workshop we added the ability to download the slides and print them out. See the workshop description for the link. We hope this helps.
I want to thank you for making this excellent workshop available on line. I have one constructive criticism. The camera would repeatedly zoom into Madeline's pictures on her screen and then zoom out again to show the entire room. In my opinion, it would be most beneficial to stay with the picture while Madeline is referring to it.
Thank you for your attention to this issue.
To be fair, it's possible the camera person doesn't realize that Madeline's screen can't be seen well when watching on line if the camera is not zooming into it.
Thanks again. Wonderful workshop!
Judy, both you and Johanna offer us good feedback here. We are aware of the audience being unable to see the screen really well, but opted not to change our filming style to include zooming or moving cameras. Instead, we provide the slides for download so you can be holding the photos in your hand in case you want to look at them longer than when we interject them into the video. The slideshow is in the description of the workshop.
As it happens we filmed another workshop with Madeline yesterday (scoliosis). There are four slides that she used to show the common curves of scoliosis. They were somewhat hard to see even for the folks in the room. We will do the same thing by inserting them into the video but we'll have Jeff leave them up a lot longer for you all. We'll also offer the option to download the photos. We are going back into the studio this am to reshoot some camera angles of her student Gaby's spine so you can really see what Madeline is talking about.
As an aside... when I watch the workshops, I prefer not to print the photos. Instead, I open to tabs and have the photos on one side and the lecture on the other. Just an idea.
I'm concerned by something advertised on the site about offering "mostly mat" classes. I am a student teacher using this site for some of my observations, and I am very interested in all aspects of teaching on the equipment as well as the mat classes. Also, I am working on my own teaching hours towards PMA test out. I'm wondering how the CEU's are applied if I am not yet certified.
Hi Centa, I'm not sure what your concern is. We have 726 classes on the site. That number will continue to grow over time. We also have a tracking system where you can print a list of classes you watched should the training organization choose to accept viewing hours on PA as part of their program. Of those classes, you can look at our "classes" menu to see that we have 116 Reformer classes, 37 Wunda chair classes, 28 Spine Corrector classes.The remaining classes are in fact mostly Mat Classes. Regarding CEU's for the PMA. In order for the PMA CEC's themselves to be of any importance to you, you must first be certified via the PMA. If you choose to buy a continuing education workshop, you can watch it as often as you like. Assuming you are PMA certified and our workshop offers PMA credit, you will still need to pass the quiz that the instructor gives us after filming.
21-30 of 42

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin