Myofascial Lines Reformer<br>Elizabeth Larkam<br>Class 889

Myofascial Lines Reformer
Elizabeth Larkam
Class 889

Watch this Class
Thank you Sofie for appreciating this class. It is the first Reformer class I filmed for Pilates Anytime in 2012!  Perhaps the dizziness you experience indicates that the motion of cervical lateral flexion and rotation is activating a response of your vestibular system. Dizziness may result when the nervous system is not able to integrate movement of the head and eyes away from upright midline. There are a number of other explanations of dizziness.  If you notice other experiences of dizziness it would be prudent to consult a clinical professional who can work with you to generate an explanation and appropriate treatment.  
Sofie van der Sommen

Thank you for your response, I notice that the dizziness is becoming less and less with the repetition of the exercise. In addition, I have paid more attention to the rotation of the trunk, which also seems to help. Even though it is a lesson from 2012, I think it's a wonderful lesson!
Thank you Sofie for this good news update. Perhaps as your thoracic rotation becomes more available less cervical rotation is required. This may decrease the stress on your vestibular system (?). 
51-53 of 53

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin