Mat for Scoliosis<br>Madeline Black<br>Class 1126

Mat for Scoliosis
Madeline Black
Class 1126

Watch this Class
Valya Karcher
Madeline, I have an 11 year old client who wears a soft brace. She's been wearing it for your mat exercises but I was wondering if it would be better for her to do the exercises without it. Your weigh in?
Madeline Black
Valya, If you leadingher through thismat class, I would keep the brace on. Working witht he apparatus material in the workshop, I would try the very small aligment work with it off, then back on for the larger movements. Be mindful about the affects she feels after moving with you.
Valya Karcher
Will do! Thanks!
Madeline what a fabulous class - so useful and so clearly taught. Thank you!
Q: I have a new client with very severe 70º right thoracic curve and so severe that she cannot lie on her back. Should I avoid supine or should I try lying her on a soft foam mattress and then padding sides accordingly?
Thanks
Madeline Black
Anita-yes, avoid supine, there are so many other choices.
Great video! My client has an S curve, upper right thoracic and lumbar left. How do I instruct her to direct her breathing?
Madeline Black
Hi Britt-Angela , to be clear breath into the concave side of the curve, so a left concavity of the thorax is called a right convexity, breath into the left side. You say a right thorax, so I believe you mean the convexity is on the right.
1 person likes this.
Thank you very much for this. I particularly liked the quadruped swimming prep variations.
1 person likes this.
Hi Madeline, I just wanted to say that I’ve been doing Pilates with scoliosis for 10 years and have never been able to feel the effects of the exercises correctly until I listened to your instructions. More videos,
Please!
Hi Madeline, thank you so much for this workout, so useful ideas and exersices... and the most important so clear instructions.. thanks a lot !!
31-40 of 53

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin