Day 5: Strong Arms<br>Monica Wilson<br>Class 3286

Day 5: Strong Arms
Monica Wilson
Class 3286

Watch this Class
3 people like this.
Have always struggled with Teaser (long legs short body) so generally have to bend my legs - any tips on how to improve? Great class - thankyou
1 person likes this.
Very much enjoying this series, thank you Monica! I
Monica Wilson
Hi Michele, I wish I could see how your body moves to give you the best advice or cue! My gut feeling is to make sure you feel your Powerhouse (PH) working while using the back of your thighs to make your beautiful long legs even longer. I am no dancer but it has helped me out tremendously lately to draw my PH in and up, lengthening my lower back, while reaching my legs longer and longer (not gripping). How is your Open Leg Rocker? Are you able to feel how the Powerhouse stabilizes your pelvis and pulls your waist back away from your thighs? How is your Roll Up? Are you able to push the back of your thighs down into the mat and lengthen them out of your hips as you roll up? My final thought is to really work the "Sari" or "Shoulder Roll Down" on the Cadillac or Wall Unit. This will tremendously help to get out of your hip flexors which I am thinking are creating a lot of havoc in your Teaser. Let me know if this helps! Monica:)
1 person likes this.
Hi Monica, yes its definitely my hip flexors that take over because of my proportions! Open Leg Rocker I can do with legs bent and Roll Up is fine (I do push back of thighs down into the mat to roll up). Thank you for the advice and yes I wish you could see my body move too!!
Michele :)
1 person likes this.
Lovely class, set me up for the day- shame we can't see those dolphins clearly too. ( Oh for a studio by the Pacific!) Thankyou
Monica Wilson
Michele, If you have some time, (because it’s quite a long class) try class #2896. It’s an amazing flip flexor release that should help you get your teaser!
1 person likes this.
Thankyou Monica - will try it today!
1 person likes this.
Loved it! I’ll be back again for this one.
1 person likes this.
Okay! Day 5 and I am in it! Loving this program and the journey of revival through the work. Thanks so much Monica Wilson and PA.
Thank you, as I do not have a Cadillac (yet) I have used a dynaband and handweights, works ok too

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin