Re-Opening Your Studio<br>John M and Delia B<br>Discussion 4131

Re-Opening Your Studio
John M and Delia B
Discussion 4131

Watch this Discussion
3 people like this.
I am have been holding off on making any comments about this video but I can't anymore. I am disappointment that Delia spoke in the meeting that Pilates is something you can not do with a mask and that she would not be wearing one when teaching. I understand that everyone has their own right to what they are doing in their studio but personally I was completely offended by this comment. I have been working with clients in a mask and yes it is hard and instruction and the way you approach pilates is not the same but we are health professionals. We have a code of ethnic to keep ourselves and our clients safe regardless of their age and underlying conditions. Everyone can contract this virus, young and old. The virus spreads more when exercising and even though your clients are comfortable with it and you are, I think you are sending the wrong message. I do respect your opinion and I wish you all the luck with your choice, it's just not mine. I do appreciate John, that you started this conversation but it might have been better to have had the conservation with a teacher that is already doing this and not someone that is thinking about how she is going to do it. 
Thanks
Wendeer  thank you for your input.  I hope that all of our webinars will help drive the conversation about the best way to teach Pilates in our new reality. Today I held a webinar with Sherri Betz and the world where she teaches is very different to the region in Montana where Delia teaches and the state of the pandemic in Montana when we recorded the webinar. I encourage everyone to watch the Sherri Betz webinar as it covers face mask usage. We are presently researching a blog post on the issues of mask usage for teachers and students. Please comment below with links to articles about face mask usage so that we can help share best practices and help inform the dialogue.
After listening to this video, it seems that I won’t be able to see my students in my studio. I would definitely wear a mask and if my students have to wear a mask, it’s a sure sign that the studio needs to be closed.

As for using anything that would degrade the upholstery of the equipment, I simply can’t afford to replace that.

I’m being humble when I say this: I don’t know much about reducing the spread of the disease. What I do know: I’m making huge sacrifices to limit the spread. I want this whole thing to pass as quickly as possible.

Thanks, John. Your videos are very helpful.
2 people like this.
John could you please post Erins blog info. I’m very interested in reading everything she has to say about limiting the spread 
Erin Bromage Blog Article this is the article I mentioned during the interview. Hope this helps you Amy.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin