Reminiscing on Kathy Grant<br>Gia C and Sarita A<br>Discussion 4411

Reminiscing on Kathy Grant
Gia C and Sarita A
Discussion 4411

Watch this Discussion
Jessica C
2 people like this.
Wonderful! Thank you so much for posting this interview. It is exciting to hear about Kathy’s life as a dancer and her deep involvement in the arts. I know so many of us have found Pilates through our dance education and teach Pilates to subsidize our dance careers. This is such important information about the history of Pilates but also the history of dance in America. Thank you!
3 people like this.
This is full of precious gems.  Thank you Gia, PA and Sarita and especially Carolyn for sharing more of the beauty of Kathy Grant's story.  She sounded like a humble but strong and disciplined healer who truly lived her purpose.  My heart is full and so inspired. 
Thank you for touching on the duality within the Black community and then the irony of not being able to touch white dancers and at another time being mistaken for white and not being able to touch Black dancers -- this is history and recent history at that.  
Frances H
2 people like this.
This is one of the most heartwarming and entertaining things on PA.  
"Find your thing.  And pay it forward."  You've certainly done that here by sharing these wonderful stories.   What a treasure. 
I'm so glad you enjoyed this discussion, Jessica CRoxana M, and Frances H. Sarita and Carolyn shared so many amazing stories, it was a joy just to sit and listen to them!
2 people like this.
Thank you PA for working to become more diverse in terms of both your teachers and content. Looking forward to more instructors of color. It matters.
1 person likes this.
Thank you to Gia, Sarita, and Carolyn.  This was wonderful.  I saw Kathy at PMA and the thing that stuck with me most was her talking about how she taught herself to swallow again after her stroke using visualization.  What a gifted and fascinating lady. Thank you again for sharing some more personal memories. 

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin