Pilates Retreat - Recomendations Please

I have been asked by a Pilates enthusiast to suggest Pilates retreats. Does anyone have first hand experience of a great week long Pilates Retreat? The retreat would be something like this one for Yoga that was featured in the New York Times recently.
John- Although I have not been, a friend is poised to be the guest instructor in a few days at this Pilates/Cooking school in Piedmont, Italy. If that combo is of interest, it seems to get great reviews here:
Italian Cooking/Pilates Retreat
Hi John,
I teach at least one Pilates retreat every year and they are awesome! I just got back from a Pilates & Surfing retreat in Sayulita, Mexico and am will be posting new dates for a Fall weekend in Santa Barbara and another week in Mexico soon. You can find info on my website: www.alisawyatt.com.
Does anyone happen to know of any Pilates workshops in Aberdeen or Edinburg Scotland? I am going to be there for 8 days the middle of June.
So excited!!!!!!! Jamie
Ted Johnson
I would love an excuse to go to Mexico, but kind of doubt retreats are for Pilates beginners. How much experience is required?
Hi Jamie, I feel like I've heard of something in Scotland but can't find it on the internet now. It looks like there's lots of spas where you can find Pilates there. I really enjoyed a retreat I taught for this company: www.escapetoshape.com. Theirs are mostly yoga oriented but if they do have Pilates teachers too and they go to different locations all over the world. Alisa
Ted, your question is a good one because no one wants to be the only beginner. In the retreats I've taught, that hasn't been the case, there is usually a mix of people who work with me already and others who are new to Pilates and looking for an active vacation. If you choose an instructor with a lot of experience teaching groups, she will be able to give a challenging and safe class that's fun for everyone. When in doubt, ask the company organizing the retreat for advice and take a class from the teacher first--Pilates Anytime is a great place to test teachers out!
Niedra Gabriel
Hi All, In case any of you are interested: I will be guest teaching at Quellen Hotel and Spa in Austria July 31 - Augt 13.
the schdule is am yoga class and pm Pilates mat class.

This is a wonderful all inclusive vacation with natural hot spring pools ( they are famous for these) and the rates are very reasonable considering the quality of the facility.

If you want more information please contact me and I will send out full details.
niedra@spirit-moves.com

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin