Instructor cuing

Hi, I’ve been enjoying Pilates for five years, first four at a studio and this last year at home on my BB reformer. I’m a newbie to PilatesAnytime and enjoying for about two months. I’m still learning the ropes and I finding the instructors I prefer. I believe there would be an improvement in classes if the instructors tried to cue more clearly and completely, thinking those of us as following are doing so with our eyes closed and not able to see what the instructor are doing. I’ve done sessions where the instructor will say “put your feet here” or “turn to the window” - I’m on my back and don’t know where “here” or “the window” is so have to get up, look and replay. Or the instructor will say put your feet on the bar - and I’m thinking “how, on toes or heels, with V or not”. I am a bit frustrated as this occurs more than it should. Please remind the instructors we may be on our backs or can’t see the video so instructions need to be clear and complete. Thank you.
Chanda Hinman
Thank you so much for the feedback! This is definitely a challenge and something we try to be very mindful about and we would like to improve! If you have specific classes or teachers that work well for you (or don't), it's helpful when we have specific classes so we can make sure to help the teachers be sure to cue more specifically. If there is anything else we can do to help you enjoy your practice with us more, please let us know!

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin