What Motivates you?<br>Niedra Gabriel<br>Tutorial 3864

What Motivates you?
Niedra Gabriel
Tutorial 3864

Watch this Tutorial
1 person likes this.
I stumbled across this tutorial today and I'm so happy I did! Thank you Niedra. I needed this!! I have been teaching for a few years and v slightly lost my way recently, not been sure of my vision, what's next, how to build, whether I want to etc. This was so helpful. I remembered that Pilates for me was and is a relief.... it's where I come back to, it's how I find safety, re-balnce and align. I'm excited to learn, to grow and get stronger and I enjoy sharing these experiences with others- leading people through a flow, helping them connect with their bodies, giving them something to feel and take away with them tangibly. I also miss the community aspect... chatting, seeing the same people regularly. It's such a nice environment... I'm craving studio time again :) Thank you. How refreshing  xx
Niedra Gabriel
Charlotte , thank you for your share and comment.  This is so key to who we are - please write this down for yourself so you can look at what motivates you and reconnect regularly, even in these times.  And reflect to see how you can create community in this new paradigm. We are all being stretched, and you are approaching this the right way. Enjoy your journey.
Pauline T
1 person likes this.
Thank you Neidra - I have been teaching for about a year but for the last 8 months mostly on zoom due to pandemic. I do feel a little bit lost now and underconfident as a result and my whole plan for teaching pilates has had to change radically. This has come at an ideal time to allow some reflection and hopefully allowing me to develop and thrive, becoming the teacher I would truly love to be. Thank you x 
Niedra Gabriel
Thankyou Pauline T for your comment.   Yes, this pandemic has challenged all of us. Keep exploring what comes up for you!  being flexible as a teacher, especially as how you interact with students is now so different,  includes an opportunity somehow. Be open to recreating much of everything - and reconnect with your original intentions and you will find your way.  I wish you much success and inspiration as you discover the new way you are becoming a teacher.
Pauline T
1 person likes this.
Thank you - even the first course has helped already x Loving the this strange situation gives us room to explore xx Much Love and thanks 
1 person likes this.
Dear Niedra, thank you for this first class! How inspiring! I stumbled over this course by accident and it seems to be the right time for it . I could relate to everything what you said. Definitely, I am going to finish this course, I am very curious! My background is the dance world, after being a professional dancer, I am now since 16 years a choreographer and artistic director of a ballet company in Germany. I started pilates when I was a dancer...but today I am really enjoying and understanding it much better! I am also teaching my dancers and I love to flavor these ballet classes with sone pilates ideas. 😉 With Covid 19 , the lockdown and more home training I am wondering if it is time for me to become a pilates instructor? I believe after your course I will know more ... I am for sure excited about this journey. Thank you for taking my through this! 🙏 Have a wonderful day! Lovely greetings from Germany
Jo H
1 person likes this.
Hi Niedra, 
I am very excited for this course!!  This first lesson has me focused and reminded of why I felt called to Pilates.  My desire is to develop confidence in my clients, challenging theirs bodies right where they are in that moment and showing them success. Over the past 11 years I have had to come to terms with my body not "living up to my expectations" as I was diagnosed with MS.  I found Pilates after giving up the rigors of running. I felt defeated, discouraged & frankly angry. I felt like my old self was stolen from me.  Starting with private sessions I was able to find a connection back to my old self. On my good days I was really good, on my bad days any movement was helpful.  I have always had high demands of myself. Your "practice makes progress" statement really struck me. I think that is probably what I love most about it - no matter what I do with Pilates I feel I am making progress. That is what I want to share!
Niedra Gabriel
Jutta and Jo H Thankyou both for your warm share and willingness to open up and discover. You both have so much to offer both as humans and with your personal life experience. I wish you so much growth as you explore and grow 
Kathy W
2 people like this.
I had a Pilates anytime membership a year ago, at a time when I was losing my love and motivation.  At the start of lockdown I found a mentor…I wasn’t looking for one, in fact I was about to teach when I had decided was going to be my last class when I was sent a link to a class.  This teacher mesmerised me, she inspired me, she made me smile and laugh all in one hour.  From that day on something sparked my love for the movement.  My confidence is still low at times but something keeps me going and my dream to become an inspiring teacher is so strong!  This lesson has reminded me that I must listen to my beliefs and allow them to push me forward.  So fitting to my current place in this journey!! 
Niedra Gabriel
Kathy W  what a special and deeply honest post you just posted. I am honored to know that this video had such a profound impact on you. Please know that this is deeper than being a teacher, this is about who you are deeply, in your being and how you want to live life, and how you want to relate to people. Having or not having confidence is the surface of what is really important in life, being willing to turn up and be present with someone else with the intention of supporting them the same way we want to be supported.  I am glad you are re connecting to your dream to be an inspiring teacher. Know that the lows you experience are the same your students may experience. This awareness may be the gold that allows wisdom to come out of you and help someone else. Keep going and please keep posting about your journey, I read all comments and will respond. 
71-80 of 92

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin