Fluid Full-Body Mat<br>Amy Havens<br>Class 542

Fluid Full-Body Mat
Amy Havens
Class 542

Watch this Class
This class was awesome, just what I needed!! Your instruction is quite clear and the pace was perfect for where I am.
I am wondering though, with the sideplank exercise with the hips lowering can the knees bend a little, or should they aim toward straight? Also, that lift with the fists was difficult for me because it created strain in my wrists. should the pinky side be facing down? can hands come onto blocks, too?
Hi Emily....nice to hear from you and thank you for your feedback. Yes, in sideplank we're aiming to come down with straight legs, but bending the knees slightly is a great modification. The lift from the fists is definitely challenging for a lot of people! It can create strain if the shoulders and upper body aren't prepared enough to supportand pull up the body weight, therefore the weight is pushed down into the wrists. The use of blocks would be fine, but because it's such a brief moment, the blocks may be distracting. But for practice purposes, by all means...use those blocks!
11-12 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin