Squat!<br>Amy Taylor Alpers<br>Special 1243

Squat!
Amy Taylor Alpers
Special 1243

Watch this Special Feature
1 person likes this.
Loved this video - makes so much sense. Thank you!
1 person likes this.
This is great! I recently found I have a stress fracture in a metatarsal and I think squatting will help me safely keep flexibility in my ankles, hips and knees while injured! Thanks Amy & Amy!!
Yeong Cheol C
good idea!
2 people like this.
Having read the research, I added squats to the classes I teach this past year. I love them, my clients love the outcome! Thanks for the guidance Amy Taylor Alpers!
1 person likes this.
Awesome, Amy!! Love this work and your expression of it!
Thank you, Amy. So important. Perfect!
1 person likes this.
Gosh I really enjoyed this..so simple but effective.. thank you for the reminder!
Thanks very much, Amy, very useful. I've been doing squats with heels raised in my classes, but will now include the heels down option.
The info about squatting is good. However, I strongly object to the comment - quoting from a study that says if you can't squat ( as shown in video) , then you have not got long to live. That is not exactly a positive approach - why scare people. I bet there are lots of people who can't squat. Just give the benefits of squatting and forget the dire consequences if you can't.
Thank you Elizabeth. I hear you and I also support the notion of telling the truth. I can't speak to the study Amy refers to, but I can speak to my experience of knowing people who have decided that they are of a certain age therefore they are seemingly no longer expected (by themselves) to do certain movements required for everyday living. That to me is scary.
I found Amy's comment refreshing rather than scary. If all I have to do is keep squatting, I and my mother and my clients and my sister... are good for a long time Easy! I can even hold on to a wall!
1-10 of 22

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin