The Midline and Plumb Line<br>Ken Gilbert<br>Tutorial 2426

The Midline and Plumb Line
Ken Gilbert
Tutorial 2426

Watch this Tutorial
4 people like this.
First, I am very moved and impressed by how Jane is looking and moving. She looks so young in her body AND in her eyes! After spending the last weekend with my mother-in-law, who is 85 and her sister, who is 89, and both move so slow, so stiff, bend over and afraid, Jane seems to be 20 years younger.
And Ken, I think I was confused with the loop and imagined the halos as big as the loop - far away from the body. I could´t really feel what you mean. But thinking about it I imagined the halos close to the body, actually IN the body, to find the relation to each other. Is that what you mean?
Kathleen M
2 people like this.
I actually didn't understand the halo concept either...
What a great inspiration Jane is to us all!
Silke, and Kathleen . . . the halos are about relationships of body landmarks; physically and energetically. The hula hoop is only a reference "line" of each - inner thighs (or ankles), hips, diaphragm, shoulders and head (eyes). Each halo is in relationship with the one above and below; each halo is small and large . . . inside and outside the body. Rather than a straight line at any of the landmarks, the energy is more circular or around the landmark. The hula hoop allows you to see the halo as energy that is in relationship to the mid-line and plumb-line while it is “hovering” at the site.
Educational and inspirational! Thank you for mentioning not only her age, but also when she started. Her commitment is a great reminder to start, no matter what age you are.
The 'halo' is a great three dimensional reference. Better than a MRI v. X-ray reference.
Thank you for this interesting Tutorial!! I think the demonstration with the stick and the hula hoop are great!!
Thank you Jane, you are a inspiration!!!!
Hydie, and Ira . . . thank you for your comments. Jane is an ageless inspiration as she continues to study and move everyday; constantly asking questions and sharing her experiences. As her husband's dementia develops more and more she is active in spite of his slowness.

The halos are a conceptual image that supports the way of seeing the mid- and plumb-lines; all in relationship to the spine joint action.
Jane is truly an inspiration! She's done her homework and it shows.
Kathryn . . . in my working with Jane, she has become a great teacher; she is serious and committed to making her body serve her into this part of her life. I often tease her about hanging out with us "kids"; her contemporaries are not nearly as healthy, fit, agile or willing to do what she does in her body. And . . . everybody loves Jane . . . a great benefit for her!
Jane you are super inspiring!!
I loved the image of halos. Makes me think of the numbers or colors of Kathy Grant.
Your demo with a hula hoop cercle made me swinging my halos, this was great fun. Especially with James Brown "get on up" in the mind like in the ad for 'Perrier'
Claudia . . . I love hearing that my teaching inspires . . . Thank YOU!
1-10 of 13

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin