Side Lying Mat Modifications<br>Sherri Betz<br>Tutorial 2815

Side Lying Mat Modifications
Sherri Betz
Tutorial 2815

Watch this Tutorial
Kimberley Michelle
Thank you! Love this! Great reminders, and I need a THR this year, so I'll add this to my side-lying routine! Yay!
2 people like this.
Thanks Sherri, great as always, straight to the point.
More Sherri!!!
Thank you Sharri. As always great tips and excellent different demonstrations of how we achieve our goals with exercise...
1 person likes this.
Thank you Sharri, and Kristi! Great tips and demonstrations! More please...
1 person likes this.
love your tips!
1 person likes this.
Yes!!!-gluts fire with hip extension---not from squeezing!!
1 person likes this.
Thank you Sherri-these modifications are really useful and clearly explained. I just wanted to double-check that these exercises are suitable for clients who have Osteopenic or Osteoporotic T-scores for their Hip testing region.
Sherri Betz
1 person likes this.
Yes, as far as we know, there is no evidence of fracture risk with these exercises. The risk comes form impacting the lateral femur (as in a fall). Take a look at this new research from Robin Fuchs and Stuart Warden:
Fuchs, R. K., et al. (2017). "Physical Activity for Strengthening Fracture Prone Regions of the Proximal Femur." Curr Osteoporos Rep. 15 (1), 43-52.
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply Sherri. Participating in your 2-day London training in 2016 and watching your PA videos is really helping me to support a growing number of clients who wish to use Pilates as an positive way to manage their bone health and balance.
1-10 of 16

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin