Supine Mat Modifications<br>Sherri Betz<br>Tutorial 2816

Supine Mat Modifications
Sherri Betz
Tutorial 2816

Watch this Tutorial
Cate D
1 person likes this.
I really enjoyed your detailed teaching. I'm a level 2 Peak Pilates teacher but formerly worked as a GP in the UK & found your discussion of modifications of the Classical exercises the most enlightening yet. I teach shoulder bridge for osteoporosis too & was really reassured by your comments. I know teachers who will not allow even the slightest degree of flexion for osteoporosis. I really look forward to watching the rest of your videos. I guess I will be buying yoga straps for my clients to aid hip flexion range, once I've tried it on myself.
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much for the wonderful information! I've recently been diagnosed with Osteopenia and am trying to do everything I can to keep it from advancing to Osteoporosis.
Extremely useful information.Thank you  so much for sharing...One question only regarding the spine articulation on Pelvic curl.Are we still positive that  it is  safe and aligned with osteoporosis safety protocol?

Thank you so much in advance for the all the rich information.

Kind regards,

Vassiliki 
1 person likes this.
Thank you Sherri,
I learned in my trainings not to come to high in bridge because the vertebras are more fracture sensitive then the backvertebra's.
Great to hear another vieuw. I do them not to high, but new insights give a good  foundation. Also nice cueings. Thank you, always learning.

Paulinka , Netherlands
1 person likes this.
When you do bridges on the reformer with an osteoporosis client , and their feet are on the footbar, do you still have them articulate?
Sherri Betz
Christine H yes, in most cases.  I just encourage axial elongation and stop the pelvis ascending sooner so that their lowest ribs are on or very close to the carriage surface.  
21-26 of 26

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin