Full-Body Reformer<br>Maria Leone<br>Class 3048

Full-Body Reformer
Maria Leone
Class 3048

Watch this Class
Fantastic class Maria! Absolutely love having you on PA!
AnnS
My first class with you--how fantastic! Your cues are perfect, the whole class amazing. Thanks so much, Maria.
Love it!
I need another Maria fix. Ideally on the Chair, Tower or Caddy. When are you back......Absolutely love every minute of this #3048 class.
Maria, your class was incredible. Great ideas and concise cueing!! Thank you. I borrowed some ideas for my class today and it was well received!
Hi Maria Leone . As per a previous comment LOVE this vid. I know other members have asked for instructors not to use Balanced Body/BASI colours and you have respected this and were great at always telling us the spring settings. Except us Balanced Body users have the opposite issue. It looks like you are using Red (not green) for heavy and Blue (light) for Medium. Is that correct? I know it's all relative but would be great to know what you were actually using and adjust from there. Obviously there is a massive difference between a Blue or Yellow for "Light". This serves as a note to PA that while some members do not want Balanced Body colours being used, probably an equal number have the opposite view. I would love the first comment of a video to be a listing of the exercises, a timestamp and the spring setting used (0 mins, Footwork, 3 Reds and I Blue / 3 Full Springs and 1 Half Spring).
Hi David- Great comment and good point...Here's the thing...

I started teaching before Balanced Body had green springs...they came to be from the teachers in the community who were used to a much heavier sensation from other equipment brands and wanted a similar feel on Balanced Body equipment. In my studio we consider green "extra heavy" and we use it in place of a red with all stronger individuals and all men. We also perform most exercises with the springs kept in the long or "A" position. When I am teaching on PA a heavy is a red, medium is blue, hello is light....BUT see next post
i found their springs to be quite light!!! I would have gone up a half spring on every exercise! That is the problem...springs vary so much. Even in my studio where we have 10 reformers all fairly new from Balanced Body. A clue would look to what I say the sensation is that I am looking for in the body and then spring up or down to find that same sensation in yours. This is how I teach teachers in my training...springs settings give approximate targets but then you need to fine tune to find the sensation.

Hope this helps!

If you find a better way let me know!!

Maria
David Sterry ~ Thank you for your feedback. We do have a video and blog post that talks about the springs on different manufacturers. We wanted to make it easier for those who don't have Balanced Body or Gratz adjust their springs more easily. I hope this helps!

Dear Maria Leone and Gia Calhoun. Thanks for the really helpful replies. On reflection (and especially taking the point from Maria that the same colour on different beds can vary significantly) I'll take Maria's advice and work with reference to the spring sensation. I remember reading now that spring tension tolerances are surprisingly wide even across new springs. Maria's message has helped me adapt my mindset in this respect. Again would point out how much I love Maria's vids. Really hope she is back in the studio again before too long. Happy Halloween. David x.
31-40 of 64

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin